Welcome to the new generation of museum professionals! If you have an international independent research proposal which could open new perspectives on the Rijksmuseum’s history and activities, we’d love to hear from you.
The purpose of the Rijksmuseum Fellowship Programme is to strengthen the bonds between museums and universities and encourage exchange of knowledge. We offer highly talented candidates the opportunity to base part of their research at the Rijksmuseum. With access to the museum’s expertise, collections, library and laboratories, workshops and excursions.
WHAT SUBJECTS CAN YOU RESEARCH?
The Rijksmuseum currently runs five Fellowship Programmes covering diverse research areas: from art and cultural history to American photography, from conservation and scientific research through to Chinese art. Check out details of each Fellowship:
- Andrew W. Mellon Fellowship for research in art and cultural history.
- Dr. Anton C. R. Dreesmann Fellowship for art historical research.
- Johan Huizinga Fellowship for historical research.
- Migelien Gerritzen Fellowship for conservation and scientific research.
- Postdoc fellowship for cultural relations between Denmark and the Netherlands.
There will be no Terra fellow in 2022 – 2023.
To learn more and apply for the fellowship, please visit the website of Rijksmuseum.