Una Europa launches an annual call for applications for seed funding. The aim of the seed funding initiative is to support the initiation of long-term collaborative activities between the partner universities. The idea is to “plant a seed” that can eventually attract external funding.
Examples of seed-funded initiatives include, but are not limited to:
- organizing joint workshops or seminars;
- preparing joint formats for education or research.
The criteria for eligibility, evaluation and funding are defined in the call text. As a rule of thumb, the following applies:
- the scheme is open to all academic disciplines and fields of academic management;
- the project must be coordinated by senior academic or non-academic staff from one Una Europa university and involve senior staff from at least an additional three Una Europa universities;
- third parties are able to participate in the proposed activities; however, this will be at their own cost;
- the seed funding should not duplicate funding that is otherwise available.
A selection committee consisting of members of staff from each Una Europa university is responsible for ranking proposals for funding on a competitive basis.
The 2021 Call is now open. The deadline is 19 July 2021, 17:00 CET.
Download the call text, FAQ’s, templates for the budget and endorsement letters in the resources below.
Apply through our online application form.