The 2-hour webinar will focus on the protection of cultural heritage as an enabler of social and economic development, with particular reference to the Mediterranean Basin. Contributions will shed light on how actions on cultural heritage, including the protection and safeguarding of both tangible and intangible heritage, bring about an increase of employability and employment-related outcomes, the development of professional skills and capacities, the building of partnerships among civil society organisations, universities, private bodies and public stakeholders, the cohesion of communities and the inclusiveness of society.
- 14.00 -14.05 – Welcome and Introduction
- 14.05-14.40 – Presentation of approaches to Cultural Heritage Protection and field experiences by AICS and the British Council.
- 14.40-15.55 – Guided Panel Discussion and Q&A with panellists.
- 15.55-16.00 – Final Conclusions
- Rein Nieland, EU Delegation in Lebanon
- Ana Sanchez Salcedo, AECID (Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation)
- Anthony Dutemple, Première Urgence Internationale – Occupied Palestinian Territories
To learn more and register, please visit the website of the Practitioners’ Networks.