The conference CollectionCare: New Challenges in Preventive Conservation, Predictive Analysis and Environmental Monitoring will be held ON-LINE in December 2021 in the framework of the EU’s Horizon2020 CollectionCare project.
The conference aims to be a forum to exchange highly specialized research and the latest technological advances in the study of the behavior and aging of cultural heritage materials, environmental monitoring, and the design of preventive conservation strategies in collections.
Call for abstracts is OPEN!
AREA 1. Collections’ needs and challenges
- Collection’s needs and challenges during display, storage and transport
- Current trends in object and environmental monitoring
- Risk assessment
- Preventive conservation and risk management
- Organizational impact and sustainability in preventive conservation
AREA 2. Predictive analysis of cultural objects and preventive conservation
- Long-term prognosis of the degradation process of cultural objects
- Multi-scale degradation computational modelling
- Multi-scale multi-material predictive analysis in the cloud
- Preventive conservation standards and recommendations
- Climate change scenarios and preventive conservation
AREA 3. Connectivity, sensing, and cloud computing technologies
- Internet of things (IoT) and big data analytics applied to preventive conservation
- Wireless technologies for cultural heritage site monitoring
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technologies applied to cultural heritage
In addition, the conference will be held jointly with a commercial exhibition hall where several companies will share their latest developments and products related to the topics of the conference. Exhibitors interested, please contact the organizers at: email@example.com.